Review~ Stila, Eyes are the window, Soul ‘since love...



Review~

Stila, Eyes are the window, Soul

‘since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul’~ Saint Augustine

Today’s blog post will be on the Stila palette in the shade Soul. You can use the shadows wet or dry but i wouldn’t suggest using a damp brush as they can create a hardened surface on the top that you will have to remove if you want to use the eyeshadow again. I think that there is definately an improvement from Body but it still is a little powdery. It contains 4 luxurious matte shades and 8 shimmer/frost shades. I saw this palette online and instantly knew I wanted it, however I had a slight problem. There is no Sephora in England and I had seen no where else that I could buy it. Luckily for me and my family went to Florida in April and I managed to grab it. When I got to the shop I um’d and ar’d whether to get 'Soul or 'Spirit but in the end I opted for Soul as I found the shades more suited to my skin and what I suit in general. Including taxes the palette cost me $49.99 or £31.99 in English money. The product is quite expensive but definitely worth the money as the shades are so beautiful and extremely pigmented.

So, Let’s start with the packaging. It is an elegant and sofistication mixture of gold and rose gold. Rose gold is my favourite colour and definately have a impact on my choice althgough it has nothing to do with the eyeshadows. However, I found that the colours matched the shadows and made the product look tidy and not like it had been designed by a two year old. It has a huge mirror which is perfect for travelling or re-applying in public and is not a giant palette so would fit perfectly in a purse/bag. Also included inside is a booklet with three different shadow looks with step by step insructions below which is really good for first time users.

Now let’s get onto the actual product inside, as i have written before it contains 4 matte shades and 8 simmer/frost shades leaving 12 in total. The names of all 12 shades are:

Light
Being
Kitten
Affection
Character
Thought
Heart
Peace
Vitality
Substance
Essence
Individual

I mostly use kitten (the first one on the second row) for my brow bone and inner corner of my eye as it gives a perfect shine and great definition. For my base i use Individual (the middle one on the top row) or Hear (the middle one on the third row). Each of them have great pigmentation and suit my skin tone and eye colour but can be powdery if applied too heavily. When appling to my creas i like to mix Essence (the black one) and Being (the third one on the top row)
beacuse when mixed together they create a beautiful dark brown with a small amount of shimmer and create a perfect crease. When applying my eyeshadow i use the Real Techniques eye set and put a bit of my Porefessional by Benefit underneath as a primer. If you don’t have a primer a suggest putting a little bit of concealer underneath would help and keep the shadows on for alot longer.

Over all I think the product is definately worth the money because you get alot of product inside and the shades are so pigmented and doesn’t fall off through out the day. The warm neautral shades would suit just about any body and is trans-seasonal which helps get your moneys worth. This palette will last you years and i would definately recommend this to every eye shadow lover out there.

Thats all from me for now but i will be posting more soon. Hope this helps and you decide to get this palette. Bye!


via @notiun

Related post



SHARE

vivian

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário