The Old Man and the Locomotive

r-maliciouscompliance:

Background: So some time ago, ~2012, one of my customers was a certain railway. This story was told to me by the old man that came in from that railway to run parts and place orders (he didn’t like to use the phone, always in person). He even gave me the gate code so I could wander around unsupervised on the weekends, which I did and it was amazing. Anyways..

This man was long retired (mid 80s), but he hated being retired, so went back to work to do orders and parts (he brought a helper with him for anything heavy) and to yak for as long as you’d let him. He still worked for the railroad, for fun. He loved it, it was his life. No kids, never married. I’d say the railway was his wife. Learned many fascinating things from him, but I’ll share two here.

Keep reading


via @notiun

Related post



SHARE

vivian

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário