makeuptips-: OVER HYPED: Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and...



makeuptips-:

OVER HYPED: Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Duo

The Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Duo hasn’t been around for long but its already gotten a name for itself as a cult favourite and a must have with a tonne of hype… But is it worth it? I was so excited to try this product, but for what is almost $100 a product has to be really amazing for me to love and recommend it. This was not. This product is often marketed as being a universally flattering contour (despite the name this is meant to be used for contouring and highlighting, not bronzing) palette which is suitable for anyone of any skintone and whilst the brand has recently launched a medium/deep shade, the light to medium is really only suitable for a medium/tan complexion. I have very light, porcelain skin and my number one issue with these powders it that they are too warm. The sculpting shade looks reasonablly cool toned in the pan but on my skin it just has a little bit too much warmth, making my skin and contour look orange. The sculpting shade also has a tiny amount of shimmer in it and although it looks like a sheen, not shimmer I believe contouring should be 100% matte. Not much can go wrong with highlighter but this was far too warm and golden on my skin to the point it looked like really bad shimmery bronzer. This is a very odd shade, it is almost white but has a golden shimmer to it and because the pigment is so strong it rarely looks natural.  Another issue I had with the highlighter is it really accentuated texture on my skin, for the most pat I’ve got pretty smooth skin so if you were someone with fine lines or acne scars this would be a miss. As for the quality of the actual powders I found these incredibly hard to blend. I used them on top of liquid foundation, on top of powder even on top of a Charlotte Tilbury foundaiton but either way these didn’t blend easily and looked more like a stripe of product on my skin. Overall for almost $100 AUD I think there are much better products out there for contouring and I highly suggest checking out Kevyn Aucoin instead.

Follow Makeup Tips Blog on: Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Newsletter | Youtube

via @notiun

Related post



SHARE

vivian

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário